Thursday, May 13, 2010

John 17:20-26: Gospel Lectionary Passage for Sunday, May 16, 2010

This is my own translation of the lectionary gospel lesson for Sunday. Please make any comments concerning the passage you want. Together, let's discuss the Word of God:

**********

20But not concerning these alone do I ask, but also concerning those who believe, through their word, in me, 21so that they all might be one, just as you, father, are in me and I in you, so that also they might be in us, so that the world might believe that you sent me. 22And I, the glory which you have given to me, I have given to them, so that they might be one just as we are one: 23I in them and you in me, so that they might be perfectly one, so that the world might know that you sent me, and I loved them just as you loved me.

24“Father, those whom you have given to me, I want that where I myself am there also they might be with me, so that they might see my glory, which you have given me, that you loved me before the foundation of the world.

25“Righteous Father, the world also doesn’t know you, but I know you and they know that you sent me. 26And I made known to them your name, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me, in them, might be and I in them.”

2 comments:

  1. If we believe that possibilities are limited and that boundaries are set, then praying for the impossible makes no sense. But if we believe in God's power, love and goodness, then our prayer may be cooperation with his will. It may even be that our prayer, which is a new element in the situation, will be part of the means by which God's will is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unity. It's all about unity.

    ReplyDelete